New video details our community science survey on Whidbey Island, with stunning footage of our local Pigeon Guillemots.
7/12/19-Training for volunteers on Bainbridge Island
5/30/19 Penny Creek Elementary's science fair day. (for 2nd grade enrolled classes)
5/11/19- Spring volunteer all day training for new survey area of Bainbridge Island. Time and place to be
5/9/19-Program feature for Eastide Audubon in Kirkland
5/8/19- that is Wednesday, May 8th, 2019- Spring Volunteer Training 6:30 p.m. Returning volunteers join us at 7:15 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Whidbey Island 20103 WA-525, Freeland, WA 98249
4/4/19- Sound Waters Stewards class (for SWS enrolled participants)
3/13/19- Presentation to the mountaineers group in Seattle 7-9 p.m. $5 at the door for non-members
See link below for details.
2018 Season included the installation of two burrow cameras; Langley Marina, and Mutiny Sands. We have a compilation of 4 slides documenting life inside the Pigeon Guillemot burrow.
- 10/4/18 End of season potluck at the Unitarian universalist church in Freeland 6 p.m. 20103 Hwy 525. Please bring a side dish to share
- 10/2/18 the Guillemot Research Group's intern will give a power point on her data findings over the summer.Marine Resources Committee 3:00 p.m. Room b-102 county annex building Coupeville
- 6/23/18 Guillemot Appreciation Day(s)! meet 8 a.m. at the TLC park & ride 18341 Hwy 525 to visit a Pigeon Guillemot Colony
- 6/2218 Guillemot Appreciation Day(s)! 3-5 p.m. at Ott&Murphy WInery (family friendly) 204 1st street Langley.
- 5/31/18 Penny Creek Elementary's Science Fair Day (for 2nd grade enrolled classes)
- 5/30/18 Volunteer training Vashon Island Public Library 6-7:30 p.m. 17210 Vashon Hwy SW
- 5/29/18 South Whidbey Elementary School (for 3rd grade enrolled class)
- 5/8/18 Spring Volunteer Training 6:30 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Whidbey Island 20103 WA-525, Freeland, WA 98249
- 4/5/18 Sound Waters Stewards class ( For SWS enrolled participants)
- 4/2/18 Washington Ornithological Society 7 p.m. 3501 NE 41st St Seattle, WA
- 2/3/18 Sound Waters one day university at SWHS 5675 Maxwelton Road, Langley WA
- 1/3/18 KPTZ Part 2 Nature Now radio show on Pigeon Guillemots (podcast available)
- 12/13/17 Port Townsend radio KPTZ Part 1 Nature Now radio show on Pigeon Guillemots (podcast available)
- 12/19/17 Rainier Audubon Society Chapter Meeting 7 p.m. Federal Way Methodist Church
A lovely stop motion animation from the Northwest Striats Foundation highlighting community science projects including Pigeon Guillemot study. Click on the Vimeo icon above.
Pigeon Guillemot adorns 2015-2016 Whidbey Telecom Phone book